Keta Legacy Foundation – also known as Mountaineers Foundation since 1968 – has demonstrated our integrity for 50 years by honoring the wishes of our donors.
Donate by Mail
You may also mail donations to us at:
Keta Legacy Foundation
P.O. Box 5749
Bremerton, WA 98312
The Foundation’s conservation-focused mission is like no other’s – to promote actions and foster understanding that inspire conservation, from the Rhododendron Preserve to the Salish Sea region.
You can help preserve, inspire and educate in the Salish Sea region by giving a charitable donation today. Thank you for your investment!Jeff Wirtz, President
Note: While the Foundation sometimes partners with The Mountaineers, the similarly named, recreation-focused alpine club, we have always been separate and independent from one another.
These are just a small sampling of the accomplishments made possible by generous donors like you:
- Purchased a 60-acre conservation easement from Ueland Tree Farm
- Raised $16,000 gross donations to replace the foot bridge to Big Tree
- Protected thousands of salmon within southern Puget Sound by protecting riparian zones along Chico Creek and its tributaries
- Multiplied environmental work within the Salish Sea region by supporting 65+ conservation focused organizations through our Community Grants Program
- Improved habitat within the Rhododendron Preserve
- Ensure critical spawning habitat remains pristine for the largest Chum Salmon run in southern Puget Sound
- Cleaned up the Hidden Valley Ranch, historically a Paschall Family homestead
- Added acreage to the Carbon River Corridor
- Supported environmental preservation from the shores of Dyes Inlet to the Cascades and Olympic Mountains
Keta Legacy Foundation will apply your donation where it is needed most.
Your gift will support projects that promote education and study of mountains, forests, and streams of the Salish Sea region, and contribute to preserving its beauty and ecological integrity.
Your donation will support enhancing the Rhododendron Preserve through:
- purchasing buffer property to protect rare Puget Sound lowland old growth forest
- conservation easements
- property taxes
- land stewardship
Your gift will support educational programs that utilizes the Rhododendron Preserve as a resource and/or outdoor classroom.
Your donation will support land purchases for conservation, environmental protection, and preservation.