The Foundation’s conservation-focused mission is like no other’s – to promote actions and foster understanding that inspire conservation, from the Rhododendron Preserve to the Salish Sea. (Note: While the Foundation sometimes partners with The Mountaineers, the similarly named, recreation-focused alpine club, we have always been separate and independent from one another.)
These are just a small sampling of the accomplishments made possible by generous donors like you:
- Purchased a 60-acre conservation easement from Ueland Tree Farm
- Raised $16,000 gross donations to replace the foot bridge to Big Tree
- Protected thousands of salmon within southern Puget Sound by protecting riparian zones along Chico Creek and its tributaries
- Multiplied environmental work within the Salish Sea region by supporting 65+ conservation focused organizations through our Community Grants Program
- Improved habitat within the Rhododendron Preserve
- Ensure critical spawning habitat remains pristine for the largest Chum Salmon run in southern Puget Sound
- Cleaned up the Hidden Valley Ranch, historically a Paschall Family homestead
- Added acreage to the Carbon River Corridor
- Supported environmental preservation from the shores of Dyes Inlet to the Cascades and Olympic Mountains
You can help preserve, inspire and educate in the Salish Sea region by giving a charitable donation today. Thank you for your investment!
Jeff Wirtz, President
Combined Fund Drive
Donate by Mail
You may also mail donations to us at:
Keta Legacy Foundation
P.O. Box 5749
Bremerton, WA 98312
Our Students Need Shelter!
By clicking the pavilion picture to donate $200 today, you can help build shelter for students taking part in outdoor classes at the Rhododendron Preserve. The project will include dismantling the old cabin in Hidden Valley, preserving historic features, repurposing building materials, and constructing a new open-sided pavilion where the Hidden Valley cabin currently sits. The pavilion will also provide shelter for volunteers and visitors at the Rhododendron Preserve. Our goal is to raise $20,000 for this much-needed shelter.
Volunteering for a work party at the Rhododendron Preserve is a great way to make a difference, learn something new, and have fun outdoors.
We welcome volunteers at all levels of expertise. The only requirements are enthusiasm, curiosity, and careful guardianship of the land and its inhabitants.
Be sure to download, read, and sign our volunteer waiver before entering the Preserve for work parties and other volunteer shifts.
Our periodic work party volunteer opportunities are announced in our quarterly newsletter.
Please email us if you are looking for specific volunteer opportunities. We are happy to work with volunteers to offer service projects that will fit your specific needs.
Our Tax EIN is 23-7023350